Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
OK, Wally, here you go. *PIC*

Mark Kauder, Phenix City, AL
>Some weeks back, Wally and I exchanged a couple of emails, and he commented that I had not posted any work in a while. I promised to, when I could.

Well here we go. Jamie and John, this is the new gray background paper I got today, much better, I think.

Back a few months ago, I started 8 of these, all basicly the same size (6"dia) but different wood combinations. Along the way I decided that I would do them with finials. I have never done segmented work with finials, until a funeral urn I did back in November, and I really enjoyed the learning experience. So I decided to do these all with Finials.

No, not all of the series had diamonds in the middle, it just happened that the three that I had here right now did. I gave one as a gift to my wife's Oncology Team. One when to Stephen Hatcher in a trade. One went to the Turning Leaf Gallery (so far), one is a gift for someone, and I took a couple in to work, and someone bought one of them.

Originally, I started all of these so that at least some of them would be my donations at symposiums.

I don't name pieces - a bit too artsy for me - but sometimes I give a series a name, like my Fire Rising series. I had not really planned this really to be a series like that, but the other day, I ran into an old favorite album by Dan Fogelburg and Tim Wiseburg called "Twin Sons of Different Mothers". So I instantly though I would laughingly call this series "Many Sons with Different Mothers".

Anyway, here they are. I can always take critique, I do not fish for compliments.

Mark

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081