Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Wednesday Night Turning Chat Has A New Moderator

Steve Russell
>Hello to the group,

If you missed last nights Turning Chat, I wanted to let you know that Ellis has agreed to allow me to act as the new moderator for the Wednesday night chat. I would like to personally thank Ellis, the members of WC and all of the previous chat moderators for allowing me this opportunity to serve.

Even though I've been a professional woodturner for almost twelve years, I'm keenly aware that I'm not very well known here... Last nights chat allowed the members to get to know me just a little better. If you missed the chat, you can go to my WC profile (Steven Russell) which has a bit of information on me. My website also has a short personal bio (About Steve) that goes into more detail on my background and my studio.

Lots of suggestions to improve the chat were offered by members on the main turning board, as well as at last nights chat. I'm currently working on creating a new "format" for the chat (based on member suggestions and a few of my own ideas), that will hopefully preserve the best parts of the previous chat format and blend it with some of the excellent new suggestions that were offered.

If you haven't participated in the Wednesday night turning chat recently, I would like to encourage you to participate in our chat whenever your schedule allows. I would be pleased to receive any suggestions, complaints, or comments that you may have on the chat, or how to improve it to benefit the members of WC. Feel free to email me at any time at the email address in my profile. As I receive thousands of emails every month from woodturners all over the world, it would help me greatly if you would please add "WC" to the front of your subject line, so I can give your email priority attention. Thanks in advance!

I've never been a chat moderator before and I'm excited to have the opportunity to serve the members of WC. I'm sure I will stumble a few times getting up to speed and getting the new chat format installed, but you can be sure that I'm always open to your comments, criticisms or suggestions. If we work together, we can make the turning chat a valuable resource for all of us. I'm committed to that goal and I invite you to join me as we learn and grow together... Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Steve Russell
The Woodlands, Texas

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081