Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
I Need Your Help At The Wednesday Night Chat

Steve Russell
>Hello to the group,

I plan on attending the Wednesday night chat to ask the group about becoming the moderator to fill the current vacancy. Since many of you do not know me here at WC (Although I'm very well known as a professional woodturner internationally, I'm still a relative unknown in the U.S), this will give everyone a chance to get to know me a little better.

I would also like you to offer your personal suggestions on what you want to see in a moderator and how you think the position should be approached. What could I do as a moderator to make the chat more enjoyable for you? Your views and opinions will be sincerely appreciated.

In addition, I want to ask the group how the Wednesday night chat can be revamped to increase participation and feedback. What were the most popular chats you remember? What did you like the best? What do you think we could live without? Picture critiques, marketing discussions, tool reviews? If you could snap your fingers and change something about the chat, what would it be?

With the groups permission and only then, I will contact Ellis about the moderator position and seek his counsel regarding filling the vacancy. Thanks in advance and I will look forward to seeing you at the chat. Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Steve Russell
The Woodlands, Texas

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081