Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
AAW Road Trip *LINK*

dwr
>I am considering a possible Road Trip to a local supplier for those attending the AAW Symposium. If you are not attending rotations full time and are interested in a road trip to Gilmer Wood Company, I will consider hosting a field trip to his three warehouses.

I just got off the phone with Myles Gilmer, who is one of the original members of the AAW and one of the greatest people you would want to meet. He said groups of up to 24 are welcome to tour his warehouses. He will also have a booth at the symposium

A couple of Myles' employees are Jim MacDermot; one of the most knowledgeable individuals regarding wood species and characteristics around and Marc Culbertson; an accomplished musician who builds guitars.

Once you start walking through their selection of turning stock, you will not leave without buying something, guaranteed! If you can't take it back on the plane, he will ship it home for you.

So what do you AAW attendees say? Who wants to go? E-mail me with your desire and, if I get enough takers, I will put together a field trip!

Dave

Messages In This Thread

AAW Road Trip *LINK*
Re: AAW Road Trip
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081