Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
OT:Turning Posts observations(maybe controversial)

steve antonucci
>I've noticed over the past few weeks, that the initial flurry of activity from the "Great Lurker Debate" seems to have died back down. In the days of yore, it was almost impossible to respond to every topic as everyone began posting their work and questions, but now it seems tere might be 5-8 new threads per day only.

In looking over many of the posts, as well as my prior post w.r.t. the my sister in law's "enormous ash" (tee-hee, she'd kill me if she knew I said that!), I've noticed the following:

1.) If you want to get a lot of people to view your post, put a picture on it. People will click it to see what you've posted, regardless of the topic or their intent to contribute. My ash post had 600+ views, but only ~5 comments.

2.) If you want someone to comment on you posts, you almost need to comment on all of theirs as well. I attribute this the fact that no one likes to be ignored, and if we post and don't get a conversation started, then it's almost like saying that the topic is unimportant. If tangents happen, or if it gets heated, so what. The value of the forum is that we all learn- I learn nothing by talking, and everything by listening.

Now, I've been busy the last week or so, but I've got to go leave some comments on some of the pretty pictures I've seen...

Steve

p.s. observation #3 is that when the pot gets stirred, everyone's a chef...

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081