Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
AAW Auction Reply

Mark Kauder, Phenix City, AL
>A week or so ago, I posted the fact that I had heard that John Hill was no longer going to do the auction at the annual symposium. I emailed the AAW, expressing my displeasure at that and today I got the following letter in the mail from the AAW Executive Director, Lawrence Sommer.

"Dear Mr. Kauder,

I received a copy of your recent email regarding John Hill's role in the 2007 AAW Portland Symposium auction.

Yes, a professional benefit art auction company will be coordinating the entire auction, but John Hill has agreed to continue his involvement and will be selling a number of pieces as he always has.

Because this event has grown so much in recent years, we have had to change the format of the entire auction in an effort to complete it within a reasonable amount of time.

On behalf of AAW I appreciate your interest and look forward to meeting you in Portland.

Sincerely,
Lawrence Sommers
AAW Executive DIrector"

I will be emailing back Mr. Sommers, my thanks for his kind response, and that as a result, I intend to continue to donate to the Auction, and look forward to it.

Just thought it only fair to post his response.

Mark

Messages In This Thread

AAW Auction Reply
Re: AAW Auction Reply
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081