Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
I'm a burl watcher!

Bill Grumbine (Kutztown PA)
>I'm a burl watcher! I'm a burl watcher! Watchin' burls go by - my, my my!

I have been lusting over this tree for over seven years, since we moved into our current house. This tree was only a little over a mile up the road from me, and was one of a set ringing a house. A few weeks ago, my good friend Dominic and I were cruising about looking for something to do, when I spied the owner of said tree chopping down the one next to it. So we did a 180 in the road, and spun into the yard to discuss it with him. To make a long story a little shorter, while there was no burl on the tree being cut that day, the one I really wanted needed to come down, and I received a call the day I left for FL to let me know that I could have all the burls on it. I picked them up today.

I ended up with two truck loads of this stuff, and even better, had the boyfriend of daughter #2 with me. Since he wants to marry her, he is willing to do just about anything I want to gain favor. I hardly had to lift a finger to get this stuff into the truck, and then into the burl barn!

Dominic, don't worry, I think I can find a piece for you as a consolation prize.

Happy turning.

Bill

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081