Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Digital Camera help?

Carole Valentine
>OK, I need a new one. Anyone get one recently that they are overjoyed with? There are so many choices out there that my mind is totally boggled from looking. I am leaning towards the Olympus EVOLT E-500. Anyone have any experience with this camera? Pros? Cons? I have looked at reviews but don't know which one's are "compensated" or otherwise prejudiced. As you know, I need something to take pictures of turnings, some of them very small. I want to be able to have good manual control - aperture, shutter speed, white balance, focus. Depth of field is important to me. I would like to have shake reduction, which this camera doesn't have, but it is not necessary all turning shots are done using a tripod. I now absolutely nothing about lenses - that is all greek to me! I am wondering about a minimum focal length of 2 Ft on the E-500? Does that mean you can zoom in, but the camera itself needs to be 2' or more from the subject? Duh...the more I read and look, the more confused I get. By the time I pick a camera, it's going to be out of production! BTW...my budget is $800 or so.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081