Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Thank You Ellis Walentine !

Brad Vietje
>Saturday's mail brought me quite a surprise -- a beautiful burl vase made by none other than our fearless leader, Ellis Walentine! Its about 6" tall and about 3" wide, and ~1/8" thick with a very delicate, small foot, and its a stunner. Great figure to the burl, which EW describews as a very hard, unknown wood. Looks a lot like Sugar Maple burl -- could that be it ? I not only have an Ellis Walentine original(!), but a hands-on original of his beautiful rose signature branding iron.

Just after I closed the door on the mailman, the phone rang, and it was Mike Foster, from this messageboard, who got the play-by-play as I opened it. Mike and I were arranging to drive down to southern VT to visit with Wally Lloyd, a co-worker of Jim King's, who's up from Iquitos, Peru (more later with wood gloat!). What a small world it is...

I'm exceedingly pleased with the gift, but I don't have a photo yet -- wish I could show off this beauty ! Ellis, do you have one ? I can try to get a good shot Monday, if not.

Safe spinning,

Brad Vietje
Newbury, VT

Messages In This Thread

Thank You Ellis Walentine !
Re: Thank You Ellis Walentine !
You're welcome, Brad *PIC*
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081