Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Exchang Piece *PIC*

Scott in Falcon
>Hi all,

I'll be the first to admit that I signed up for the exchange looking forward to it and feeling quite confident that I met all of the requirements set forth in the rules. You see, I've been turning for a couple of years, but don't get near as much time at the lathe as I would like to so I still make more scrap than acceptable pieces. But, I would make a piece that was the best I could do and be happy to pass it along.

I then read all of the lurker threads (I say this warily so as not to bring the subject up again) and I started having doubts about my qualifications. I'm no where near the quality of turner that many on this board are. I actually got to the point that I thought about withdrawing my name from the Exchange. But I didn't want to cause headaches for the guys running it, so I held off. I took a couple of deep breaths and went back and re-read the rules for the Exchange. I still qualified! :)

With all that being said, here's my Exchange piece. It's a 6 inch diameter Cherry plate with a Padauk stand. I sure hope that the person back East that it is on its way to enjoys it as much as I do!

Scott

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081