Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Results of Bridal Expo Display *PIC*

Jack Savona
>Yesterday, I shared a table at a 4 hour Bridal Expo sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce here in Kennebunkport, Maine. They claimed 70 engaged women came, but the traffic seemed lighter. Despite that, I thought my $130 investment might just pay off down the road with some sales to brides and especially from some interesting local exposure.

In addition to getting brides to think out-of-the-box and consider my turnings as gifts for their bridesmaids, groomsmen, and guests, I also made some good local contacts. I connected with vendors from insurance, investment, and realty and suggested my bowls, pens, etc. as client gifts. I met with some local innkeeper vendors about what I had to offer their out-of-state brides coming in for "destination weddings". I also connected with the local Rotary about wine stoppers for their upcoming Wine Tasting and using Rotary-clip pens as gifts for honorees. I also networked with dj's, photographers, etc. to give them some literature about my turnings. I might even get invited as a business presenter to a local group.

Guess what I'm saying is that not only does the local bridal market have some good possibilities for selling at retail prices, but I've also got to get more creative about direct retail sales within the local area. I might even see about getting some 1/3 page sheets out to local inns and service-oriented businesses letting them know what I have to offer their guests and clients.

Hope this sharing can be helpful to someone. I'll let you know if anything develops down the road. (Did sell one perfume pen for $30.)

Jack

BTW, I congratulated the few guys attending for scoring major points by tagging along on Superbowl Sunday.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081