Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Exchange offering....gone international *PIC*

Chip in Plano
>My exchange offering has blasted off to another continent. I was unprepared for an international exchangee. It's a simple Mesquite bowl. It started life at Christmas 2006 as a HF-wannabee. But I couldn't get a design right so I put it aside lest I ruin it as usual. I figured the design would find me rather than me dictating it. I knew wanted to send a native wood but only had mesquite and texas ebony on hand. The ebony was a little wet and the mesquite was dry so the choice was simple given the short timeframe. The shape found itself with the help of the sapwood, bark inclusion and a void that magically appeared in the middle. A hollow form would have lost all these qualities. Part of what I love about turning is the mysteries that get solved. This piece was very easy to turn the 2nd time around I don't remember any catches at all. The only mistake was I signed it 1/2006 instead of 1/2007 and didn't notice it until I was writing my note to the recipient. One of these days I'll build a photo booth....I've had the plans for at least a year.

Messages In This Thread

Exchange offering....gone international *PIC*
Re: 2nd pic *PIC*
Re: Chip, what in the world is
Re: Nevermind... I found it. :o) *NM*
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081