Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
A few Christmas gifts - first, a bed *PIC*

David Breth
>my ability is not near what I see posted here regularly, but I thought I'd share. What I lack in ability I make up for with enthusiasm and variety. First at bat is the 4-post bed I made for my daughters' doll. I actually purchased bannister spindles for this, then turned them to the shape I wanted. Two reason - I didn't have sufficient stock to do the posts myself, and secondly, this pretty much guaranteed I would have square pieces to work with. So, the bottom two inches of post is some factory's work. SWMBO picked the fabric, did the sheet and pillow.

I thought my daughter would flip out. Instead, she said "Did you make me a bowl??" No sweetheart. I made a bed for Ella!! Oh. Thanks daddy.

I show her nearly every bowl I make, and even at age 4 has an understanding that daddy's hack bowls are a special thing - and apparently she wanted daddy to share that which she had seen me do for others, for her. So, I did what any dad would do. I took her to my shop, and let her pick out the wood daddy would make a bowl from. One english walnut bowl in process. Ella's bed has since been well-accepted.

By the way, these photos were taken in compromising positions at compromising times, so please excuse the locations, etc.

David B.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081