Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Sad News - Frank Sudol Passed away

Don Evans
>I received the following email yesterday, but just saw it today.
It came from my turning club so I believe it too be true.

email:
Prince Albert Daily Herald Frank Sudal, World-famous Paddockwood artist dies -- Canada The 72-year-old was known as one of the world's leaders in the woodturning community, exciting aficionados and art collectors with his style of piercing thinly milled birch. He created works known for their colour, animal shapes and woven, filigree design. An educator until his retirement in 1976, Sudol taught biology and science in Taber, Alta. In the summers he worked as a naturalist in Waterton Lakes National Park. Sudol also operated a well-loved Christmas tree operation on the Paddockwood area farm on which he grew up. Neighbours will be on hand to help people get their trees to the end of this season. Sudol was an inspirational speaker. In one interview with the Daily Herald, he shared his philosophy for being a successful artist. "The message for my students is you will never be remembered for what you copied, but you will be remembered for what you created ... Once you reach inside, you will have original work." Sudol's partner, Lois, says, according to his wishes, there will be no funeral.
---------------
He will be greatly missed in the turning community. He way extremely talented turner.
Sad regards
Don

Messages In This Thread

Sad News - Frank Sudol Passed away
Re: Sad News - Frank Sudol Passed away
Re: Sad News - Frank Sudol Passed away
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081