Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Introduction - I found you! (longish)

John Pickett
>A few years back I posted regularly on a turner's group on the old usenet. I really enjoyed it, and learned a lot. At that time I lived in the Texas Hill Country and belonged to the Central Texas group in Austin and Hill Country Turners in Kerville. I turned pens, bowls, and small craft stuff, as well as commission work for a cabinet company, out of my small shop in Llano - except when I had some commission stuff (mostly leggas for kitchen island) that were too big for my jet 1236 and I went to Kerrville where James Johnson was kind enough to let me use his monster lathe.

I have not turned, however, since 2001, and am getting back into it. I couldn't remember how to get back to the old web group, but looking around, I seem to remember a lot of the names I have seen here. So I am assuming I found at least some of you.

I have been lurking here for a little while, but have decided to dive right in, thus this introduction.

I may need help with some of the abbreviations and shorthand, as well as those little maraschino cherries at the beggining of some of the posts. LOL I look forward to getting to know yall.

A question about posting pictures. Can I post/upload directly from my computer, or do I neet a website/photobucket arrangement. I would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081