Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Apologies to all - kinda long *LINK*

Bruce
>I was looking at an earlier post about a bowl that I donated and it sold for $300.00 at a charity auction for the Nelson Center of Denton Texas. I probably did not adequately explain things very well. Some may have looked at the post and thought, "Sure you did. Who are you trying to kid?"

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/turning.pl?noframes;read=133306

First off, I have been turning for about a year, when I can. The bowl in question was turned after a brief conversation with Alan Tucker concerning form, technique, and etc.

To make a short story long... I, in no way, ever thought this bowl was worth more than 20-30 bucks, but I was proud, non-the-less. This bowl was purchased by a vice president of the company for which I work. I know this was a charity auction and my humble bowl was purchased by a very generous person. (I think ego may have played a part in the bidding as well)

I realize I have much to learn and have learned so very much from this board. I do not want anyone to think I was trying to represent my work as anything other than the product of an entry level turner.

In the end the money goes to a good cause and I can feel good about that.

So, I apologize if my omission of the detail was misleading.

Bruce

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081