Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
First Picture - Wolverine Grinding Jig Base *PIC*

Larry In Lima
>Well, this is my first picture post, so hopefully - it works. Today I finally got my Wolverine setup done. Bad picture, but at least you can see it. Here's a few details for anyone considering it, or "redoing" theirs.

The 3/4" pine on the bottom is about 22" x 8". The little 3/4" x 3/8" oak strips are there to tell me exactly where the grinder goes if/when I move it or take it somewhere with me. Also helps keep the grinder in place over the long term since it isn't permanently mounted. I used brass #6 x 1" screws in the oak strips since I already had them laying around, and #8 x 1" brass screws in the Wolverine jig for the same reason. I slopped some Minwax tung oil on all of the wood, my theory being that it'll be easier to clean and wipe up dust / dirt every once in a while.

For anyone who cares, the grinder I'm using with this is a Baldor 7306, 7" grinder. My wheels are about 16.25" on center (1" wheels), and that is where I centered the sliding arms on my Wolvering jig on the pine before I mounted the 2 of them. It came out pretty well I think, but nothing like the quality of stuff I have seen posted here. Any questions or suggestions, feel free. I know an 8" grinder might have been better, but the price difference between 7" and 8" was a killer for me. Larry

Messages In This Thread

First Picture - Wolverine Grinding Jig Base *PIC*
Suggestion...
Re: Suggestion...
Me, too!
Re: Me, too!
Re: Suggestion...
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081