Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Turning Exchange 2006 *LINK*

David Propst, Valdese, NC
>We are going to do the turning exchange again this year! For those of you who do not know what it is I’ll explain…

About a year ago I proposed an exchange of turnings for folks who hang here on Wood Central. It turned out to be a huge amount of fun with over 100 participants. Here is an almost inclusive gallery of the turnings exchanged.

The way the game works is I will randomize the list of players and send the names out in late and then send each player an e-mail with your recipients name and address. Player #1 will send to player #2, player number #2 will send to player #3 and so on. Who you’re receiving a turning from will be a surprise if it arrives before Jan 19 (see below).

If you want to play, please read the entire post and follow the instructions to enter!

Remember the basic rules are…

• This is a fun exchange of turnings between friends, not an exchange of comparative value items or a contest.

• All turnings are welcome: pens, hollowforms, bowls, stoppers, candlesticks, etc.

• If possible, please sign your work and include a brief note about yourself and your turning

• Turnings should be received by the week of Jan 15-19, 2007. Plan your mailing accordingly!

• If you have a photo of the item you send, send me a copy to . I’ll put an album together on a webpage.

• For international mailings, please use the U.S. Postal Service. UPS charges high fees to recipients of US Shipments

• If you do not wish to participate internationally due to postage costs please let me know.

• A list of all senders and recipients will be posted on Wood Central on January 19, 2007. Please try to send your turning to arrive before that date

• If for any reason you are not able to participate, please let me know. There will be no hard feelings, I just want to make sure everyone is included!

• You can't enter by posting that you want to play in the forum, I cannot catch all the posts!

• The deadline to enter is November 20, 2006

• After I receive your request to enter I will send you a confirmation e-mail within a few days afterwards.

• If you would like your piece included in the photo album please send a copy of the pic and brief description to turningexchange@gmail.com

• I will send out an e-mail to all players with your recipients name and address by December 1.

Entering...

Please send an e-mail with the following information to turningexchange@gmail.com:

Name, Mailing Address, Zip Code, etc.
I could have bought a new bowl gouge if I had a dollar for all the e-mails I sent out last year asking for mailing addresses! :-)

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081