Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Good News, Bill Grumbine Burns Atlanta

David Galloway
>Bill was the guest of the Georgia Association of Woodturners this past weekend. He demonstrated at our monthly meeting on Th. night, then did a hand's on, which I was a part on on Friday, then spent Sat. AM doing a demo of basic bowl work, plus some advanced work on turning bowls in the afternoon. Bill is an excellent teacher and coach, with an amazing sense of humor. While I have been turning for a while, I learned a great deal at each of his sessions. I would recommend him highly for any AAW chapter. You definitely get your money's worth. His patience with "difficult" members taught me a lot about my onw work. While I spent a week with his Holiness, David Ellswoth, in Penn., I would be tempted to do the same with Bill only a few miles away.
He has a basic video about bowl work that I have had for a while. He has a new video about advanced technigues that I have not been able to look at. My fellow colleagues in GAW say it is excellent.
If you are looking for programs or a place to visit, I would tell you Bill Grumbine is perfect.
David Galloway

Messages In This Thread

Good News, Bill Grumbine Burns Atlanta
I Want to Gloat
Re: Good News, Bill Grumbine Burns Atlanta
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081