Turning Archive 2006

Good News, Bill Grumbine Burns Atlanta

David Galloway
>Bill was the guest of the Georgia Association of Woodturners this past weekend. He demonstrated at our monthly meeting on Th. night, then did a hand's on, which I was a part on on Friday, then spent Sat. AM doing a demo of basic bowl work, plus some advanced work on turning bowls in the afternoon. Bill is an excellent teacher and coach, with an amazing sense of humor. While I have been turning for a while, I learned a great deal at each of his sessions. I would recommend him highly for any AAW chapter. You definitely get your money's worth. His patience with "difficult" members taught me a lot about my onw work. While I spent a week with his Holiness, David Ellswoth, in Penn., I would be tempted to do the same with Bill only a few miles away.
He has a basic video about bowl work that I have had for a while. He has a new video about advanced technigues that I have not been able to look at. My fellow colleagues in GAW say it is excellent.
If you are looking for programs or a place to visit, I would tell you Bill Grumbine is perfect.
David Galloway

Messages In This Thread

Good News, Bill Grumbine Burns Atlanta
I Want to Gloat
Re: Good News, Bill Grumbine Burns Atlanta
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.