Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
1/2 OT: Opinions on Shop *PIC*

Ruth Niles
>These are pictures of my 3-car garage, I want to close in 2 bays for my shop. If I do it the way I want, I can only afford to close in 1 bay, that's silly because next year I'd only want more room.

Had 2 guys come for estimates but I need to know a little more of what I want, how I can cut expenses and what not to bother with. I can't do the framing, since there are walls, just need insulation, I figure 24" centers and maybe do an 8' ceiling. What do I do about the garage door, it's 10'(?). There's a great barn door in the back that I do want to utilize (I love it!). I can do the insulation and put up 1/4" plywood for walls, spray paint white. I would like a ceiling fan and will have a vented wall propane heater.

It's the actual construction I'm having trouble with: should the walls go to the trusses at 12'? Do a drop to 8' but frame around the garage door? Frame out the barn door to 8' ceiling? Anyone live real close and can come draw me a picture????? Newville, PA, 9 miles south of Carlisle, I don't cook but I buy a mean hogie!

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081