Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
OT--Update on Cole

Gary Evans Tallassee, TN
>Hi All,
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts that you have sent our way over the past several weeks.

Cole continues to improve. Though sometimes the improvement from one day to the next seems miniscule, when you look back over the weeks it seems huge. He hasn't been voluntarily moving his arms and legs, except in response to pain, but today he straightened his fingers when I was re-arranging his arm! He shows some congnitive ability. He is able to communicate by blinking his eyes for yes and no. He remembers the kinds of work he did before the accident, as well as the high school he went to. He even spelled his name for the speech therapist yesterday, but I missed that moment. We seem to have resolved the fever that he has been battling for the past few weeks, so I expect to see even more improvement over the next several.

Thanks again for all your support. It's one of the things that keeps us going. Keep your eyes open for the announcement of the benefit sale/woodturners get-together that we will be having at the end of October. I expect to see everyone there. 8^]

Love you all,
Gary

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081