Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
OT--Update on Cole *PIC*

Gary Evans Tallassee, TN
>Hi all,
Cole has made some moderate improvement over the past week. It appears they have cleared up the lung infection, but he has still been fighting a fever for the past few days. Yesterday, they went in and put a drain tube in his gall bladder. His temp has moderated since they did this, so hopefully they've found the source of the problem.

He has had his eyes open for the past few days. Great to see those brown eyes! He continues to have difficulty focusing at times, but he has responded to yes/no questions by blinking his eyes. He is also able to move his legs on command, but he still isn't moving his arms much, particularly the broken one. Don't blame him for that.

I want to say again how much we appreciate the prayers and support we have received from our friends here on WoodCentral. They are a large part of what keeps us going. 2 weeks sleeping on a recliner in a hospital waiting room is not my idea of a great vacation. 8^]

With Ellis' kind permission, I'd like to announce that we are now accepting donations to help with what are sure to be substantial medical expenses. While we are not legally responsible for Cole's debts, we will be paying as much as we can of his bills, but we're going to need some help. Checks can be made payable to:

Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church
3508 Wildwood Rd
Maryville, TN 37804

Be sure and designate that the money is for John Cole Evans. They will pay him out of their benevolence fund which will make your contribution tax deductible. It will also remove any tax burden from Cole. Any help that you can provide will be much appreciated.

Also, I'll soon be announcing a benefit sale of my current turning wood inventory for Cole's assistance with a paid ad on here of one form or another. Ellis and I are still discussing that. More details as they become available.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.
Gary, Beth and Cole Evans

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081