Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
October INdyFest-Coming soon!

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>Hello Everyone,

Well this is just a reminder of the INdy October Fest. It’s not too far away and we are ramping up for a great time. Festivities will begin on Friday around 1:00 in the afternoon and go until about 8:00 or 9:00. We will have a cookout that evening. Then after a good nights sleep we will continue on Saturday around 9:00am and go until as Ray says “till that last dog howls” or something like that. We will have an assortment of demonstrators through out the weekend, but we’re going to keep it kind of loose and allow plenty of hands on and gearing demos to what people want. Demos will involve turning, finishing, hand tool work, dovetails on the table saw and lots more. Some of the demos so far will be given my Duane leach, Jim Shaver, Mark Kauder, myself, Al Crandall (see your email Al :) . If you are interested in doing a demo or have suggestions for demos please email me and let me know! We’re also going to have a vendor’s table set up. If you have something that you sell and would like to be a part of that please let me know. We are hoping to get the Sorby representative out on Friday night to do some demos as he is in town that weekend to demo at the Woodcraft Store in Indy just about 25 minutes from the shin-dig.

We are also going to have several items to raffle off and something new this year too. We are going to have a collaborative event where whoever wants to participate can. We will have several lathes set up and whoever wants to turn on the piece that is on the lathe is free to do so. The finished pieces will then go up for auction with the benefits going into the WoodCentral kitty. What a great way to donate to this awesome place we call home and to have a blast turning with others!

To defray cost of putting an event like this on, this year we are asking for a $15.00 donation to cover the cost of food, drinks and paper goods (all you can eat and drink)By the way the food is fantastic!. The location is just north of Indy off of I-69. East of Anderson. Ray and Lynn Thompson are hosting again this year and have a fabulous place for this event. So mark your calendars for the first weekend in October Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th. This time of year is beautiful in Indiana and Ray and Lynn’s place will be the perfect backdrop for a wonderful weekend. For accommodations I will be posting information regarding group rates at a few local hotels and there is also room for tents and pull behind campers at Ray’s. Any questions or ideas, drop myself, Terry Quiram or Ray a note. There will be much more detailed information regarding directions, maps etc forthcoming.

Hope to see you in October!

Jen :)

jshirley@iquest.net
walnut1950@yahoo.com
ray@indy.net

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081