Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
8th Annual PNW BBQ this coming weekend update *PIC*

David Sophusson, Custer Wa
>Hi All,

Well it looks like we have quite a group that will be meeting at Grizzly’s Friday afternoon. Gary Camp from Bend Or, Doug Reyonalds from Seattle, and Lynn Baker from Glacier have notified me that they will also be coming this year. So that is going to put us at over a dozen or so not counting spouses. So with that many coming I called Grizzly and asked if they do tours of their complex but was told that they don’t so we’ll just have to make do with the eye candy on the showroom floor. If there is anyone else that would like to meet with us Friday we will be at Grizzly’s at 2:00.

After we leave Grizzly’s we will head back to my place to get everyone settled in. Ellis and Candy will get our guest room and Dustmaker Mike and Jim Shaver will get the trailer and have to fight over who gets the bed and who gets the couch hid-a-bed. Dave and Sandy Smith, and Ray Johnson will be setting up their trailers in the back yard and Gary Camp will pitch a tent out there also. When everybody gets hungry enough we’ll take off and go to a great Mexican restaurant about 10 minutes from my place. Then back to the house to play in the shop and the campfire in the patio pit.

Saturday morning at 10 we will be going to JR’s new shop to check out his operation and some of his cool tools. When we get back I will start the salmon and prim-rib while everyone else….you know what, I don’t know what everyone else does, I’m too busy tending the fires and cooking! I know last year Dave Smith turned a square plate for Becky and I don’t know how he did it. This year I hope he will do another one so I can see how it’s done. Chico is going to do a demo on his machine assisted hand cut DT’s that I think everyone will find very interesting. It better be because Shaver is flying all the way out here to learn some of Chico’s techniques!

Ellis is bringing his guitar and we are still looking for someone else that plays to join him. The only thing I know how to play is the radio. :-(

It looks like it’s going to be another fun year with a bunch of new faces to put to names including Harvey Brooks from Victoria BC. If anyone else has decided they want to come and need directions or more info you can contact me at

dave.sophusson@alcoa.com

Remember this is open to everyone and after 8 years of hosting this here it sadly will be our last one, at least in this location. Hmmm….next year would anyone like to come to an open house down on the southern Oregon coast? :-)

Sophie, who’s lovely wife is buying him a new shop with a view for a retirement present next year.

Even Carol The Router Lady can learn new tricks here. ;-)

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081