Turning Archive 2006
Gordon P in Sumner, WA
>I am making some cocobolo pens and have reached the point where I am ready [i think] to apply the finish.
first, let me bring you up to this point:
1. Pen is turned and sanded to 4000 grit
2. after sanding, I used some of the turning waste to "polish" the pen blank. At this point, it has a lovely satiny lustre and looks like it is done. no finish has been applied.
So, here are my questions:
1. Am i safe if i do not apply a finish to the pen??
2. what is the preferred or recommended finish for cocobolo??
3. any secrets I should know before I apply it??