Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Home Again, Too ,with a gloat

Keith Tompkins
>Wow! What a great symposium! Some details: This was the largest symposium attendance ever, with about 2,000 registered turners.The banquet drew over 2,400 attendees. AND, the instant gallery was absolutely stunning! I think it was the best ever, as well. Some remarkable pieces. One of the highlights of the whole event was the WC lunch; I got to meet some old friends, and meet some new ones!It was great to put faces with familiar names!

My demos went pretty well; I gave out over 600 handouts....ran out with people still in the hallway unable to get into the room. I want to thank John and Ron for their great assistance! I Thought of a couple of improvements to my demos, and had some great suggestions and responses. There may be a DVD coming as well...no promises yet.

My piece "Playing Hooky #2" was selected for the critique, and received a very nice review. I sold my instant gallery piece "Pink Ivory Rose" to a major collector...his purchases were a Bin Pho piece and my rose...not too shabby. Another collector, unable to buy the rose, ordered another one as well. A couple of really neat colaboratives are in the works too. A very good symposium!

Ed Kelle, a WC contributor , received a critique of his work as well...boy, He was excited! Congrats, Ed!

AND, Louisville is a great town! I loved it.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081