Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Home Again

Bill Grumbine (Kutztown PA)
>Greetings all

I just pulled in from my trip to Louisville. It was a long trip, but I had fun. It had its ups and downs. The hotel is without a doubt the worst place I ever stayed for service, and I am not what one would call a demanding customer. I did expect things like accuracy in my room assignment and length of stay. I would have even settled for having towels and washcloths. Next time I will stay someplace a lot more reasonable in price and more competent in service.

I never made it into any of the rotations, although I had the freedom to come and go as I pleased. I saw so many people and had so many coversations in the hallways and trade show that I might not have made a rotation even if they hadn't been crammed with people anyway. I'm not big on crowds to start with, and looking into some of those rooms was downright scary. But the comments I heard were very positive.

Some of the high points were meeting people from here on the forum, renewing some old friendships and acquaintances, and having lunch with Kel McNaughton. The booth I was in was across the aisle from Alan Lacer's booth and Trent Bosch's booths, so I got to talk a little with the two of them as well.

There is very little chance I will even consider going to Portland next year, but I hear it is going to be in Richmond VA the year after, and that is almost definite.

Bill

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081