Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Things to do in North Carolina

Tom Sweeney - Coatesville, PA
>Hey Folks,
I haven't been around much for a few months because I've been way too busy to keep up with my WW'ing hobby. Hopefully by winter that will change. Next Saturday I'm heading down to Mississippi with a group on a home repair mission trip then back to work for a week then LOML & I are taking a long overdue & much needed vacation. We're driving down to Asheville, NC from 7/1 to 7/4 then over to Mooresville / Davidson, NC (Lake Norman) for the rest of the week. We're definitely doing the Biltmore & I found the Mint museum in Charlotte that looks like a real winner. Anything else that is a must see - woodworking or otherwise - in these 2 areas? I like auto racing, but not a huge NASCAR fan & don't want to drag LOML to one of the team shops in Mooresville. Mostly looking for R&R, but a few interesting side trips would be good. The trade school I work for has a school in Mooresville, partnered with NASCAR actually, & I want to check out the area & the school because I'd like to get transferred down there in a few years.
Thanks for any pointers & I hope to be around more in the near future.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081