Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Georgia #2

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>Moving right alongÖ..here are some pics of Greg (Iím sorry I forget his last name) who demoed a variety of things like coring, and here he is showing us how he makes a cremation urn with a threaded finial. What a fantastic demo. Lots of stuff learned about hollowing with a captured rig and hand chasing threads. Both of which Iíd love to try.

Al Crandal and Duane Leach were like two peas in a pod all week under the covered pole barn, doing their part teaching people what they know. They drove down in the Palace on Wheels you see behind them. I think everybody who tried Alís captured system is now thinking they either need to buy one, or try to make one. It really is a treat to use.

Another person I was so happy to meet after seeing his posts and getting to know him in the chat room is Mac. What a great guy! Mac your work is fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed your carving demos, sharpening tips and meeting you!

Of course TD took the stage on a few occasions and we all bent our ears to hear what he has to say about bowl turning, designing a beautiful foot and why we all need to go out and make 3 foot long handles for our gouges :)

More to come.........

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081