Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
A WC visitor this afternoon

Gary Evans Tallassee, TN
>I was tickled to death to hear that Mike in Fort Walton FL had changed his drive plans and wanted to come by to say hello. I was disappointed in missing a visit a couple of weeks ago from Dennis Yoder, so I was glad that Mike's schedule and mine agreed.

We spent a very pleasant afternoon walking around the property and playing a little on the lathe.

Mike is one of those who is serving in our country's military. He is on his way to MD for a training program which will keep him away from his wife for the next 3 months. She's in nursing school back in FL. I think we should all be thankful for the sacrifices that those in the military, both husbands and wives, make to serve our country.

I sent him on his way North with a few pretty pieces of wood, and a prayer that things will go well for him.

Gary

P.S.: John Trant, I sent a piece of Tulip Poplar for you. I remember you telling me that Tulip Poplar is one of your favorite woods. I hope you can do something nice with it. (John graciously offered Mike the opportunity to come do some turning while he is in MD, because Mike doesn't have room in his new apartment for his Jet Mini.)

Messages In This Thread

A WC visitor this afternoon
Re: A WC visitor this afternoon
Re: A WC visitor this afternoon
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081