Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
2 Board Foot Contest

RussFairfield
>I hate to say it folks, but your response to this contest is pathetic. You are showing your appreciation to both Ellis and the sponsor (Jet) by sitting there doing nothing. And, that is a loss to all of us.

I read the poor response as that nobody is interested. Maybe the timing is wrong, or maybe the rules are wrong for this contest. Either way it will be a long time, if ever, before either Ellis, Jet, or any other Vendor will be foolish enough to sponsor another on-line woodturning contest for us. And that is our loss.

There are a couple of us who don't qualify because of the 25% rule, but the rest of the folks who post messages and pictures should be entering this contest. I see pieces of turned wood posted here every day that would be worthy of entery into this contest; there have been at least 5 that I can remember over just this past weekend, but they aren't there. Everyone is sitting on their hands. I don't understand it.

What is there to lose?? All it takes is $15 and 3 pictures. Ellis has extrended the deadline at least 3 times that I know of, and there are still only 9 entries showing. That insures that everyone who enters will get at least get one of the $25 Gift Certificate, and there is a 1 in 3 chance for getting at least a $100 Certificate. With odds like that, it is impossible to lose.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081