Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
OT: Dad's doing fine, my heart is good too

Mike Schwing from Md.
>3 weeks ago my Dad had a quintuple bypass. Around the time he learned of it, about 5 weeks ago, damned if I didn't start having odd chest pains, too. He is doing remarkably well in his recovery. My doc sent me for bloodwork - all is fine and dandy, and today I had a cardio stress test on the very same treadmill where my Dad had a heart attack during his stress test 9 years ago. They told me I have the new record on their treadmill, that "nobody has ever got to level 7", and I was just starting to get going in all honesty. They shut me down in 20 minutes and said most people don't go for 5 minutes, but their typical patient isn't a 40 year old Ironman. Was kind of amusing, and very comforting to know my heart is fine and dandy. They figure I have "costochondritis" - inflammation of connective tissue between sternum and ribs, or just sympathetic pains for my Dad. First time I ever had my BP tested while doing a treadmill stress test. I found that interesting. At my peak heartrate my BP was 177/68. At start of test it was 110/50. Fascinating stuff!

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081