Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Three Years Ago

Jim Shaver - Oakville, Ontario
>Hi,

I came to Wood Central about three years ago today (why do I keep thinking of that Line from Sgt. Pepper..."It was 20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play...")

It was not a choice that at first was one I was looking to make then, but for many of us here one that we chose through some time of change as our home BP was shutting down (please letís not rehash any issues here now).

In those three years I have gone through a lot in terms of my wood working and woodworking life. I have tried to pushed myself to become a better woodworker and even now a turner and hand tool person of some capability. I have kept old friends, made new friends, watch people grow through thier efforts and create works of wonderful presence, shared in some of lifeís joyís and sorrows as well, WC is a very open and sharing community.

What I did not anticipate was the huge and warm welcome Ellis and the Islanders would give and the solid and supportive community that has grown in these years.

I have easily made Wood Central my home, itís due in large part to the support and attention to detail of Ellis and the wonderful group of volunteers and supporters here. I also know that as circles of friends in this community grow that many of those circles overlap and cross many borders. These are things that can not be measured or valued but only appreciated for the kind sense of what WC has become to many of us.

So Ellis itís not like itís a birthday or something, but I just wanted to publicly say a big Thank You to you and all the WC staff, supporters and community, what a grand place!

Take care,
Jim

Messages In This Thread

Three Years Ago
That long already??
Me too!
I'll second that!
Re: I'll second that!
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081