Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
WC benefit auction: Steel Handle Insert (Ferrule) *PIC*

Ken Grunke from SW WI
>Over on the Benefit Auction board I've listed a tool handle insert, for interchangeable 3/8" shafts. The insert is drilled and tapped for a 1/4-20 setscrew or thumbscrew. It fits into a 1/2" hole drilled in the end of your handle, to be epoxied or CA glued in. Machined from 3/4" diameter cold-rolled steel, 2" long.

This insert is great for the Alan Lacer hook tool, a 3/8" round skew, a pyramid tool, a skewchigouge, or any tool with a 3/8" shaft. The picture below shows the insert next to one of my own handles, holding a double-ended tool--the end showing is a skew edge, and the other has a skewchigouge grind.

The impetus for this auction is from JL, who sent me non gratis a cardboard tube of various types of plastic film which came in handy in more ways than one for my phrugal photo booth. In fact, a piece of metallized film was used for the backdrop surface of the image below. Neat looking, eh? The original plan was for me to just pay for shipping, and when I asked JL what he needed he suggested I make a $10 donation to WC--so this is my attempt at his request.

Thanks, JL, and thanks to anyone who cares to make a bid.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081