Turning Archive 2006

To all mini turners

Mike in Fort Walton Beach, FL
>And no I don't mean really small turners, I mean turners that make miniatures :-). I was looking for some dental tools and metal spatulas for epoxy work at the local flea market and saw something that may interest some of you. There is a guy there every week that has a very extensive collection of dental style tools for three dollars each or four for ten dollars. So if any of you want some, let me know. But the thing I saw that was really interesting was a dental tool that looked like the Termite ring hollowing tool. The ring is in a teardrop shape but I was thinking that some of you might like to see how well it works. If so, just shoot me an e-mail at mandriacco1@yahoo.com and I'll see what I can do for ya. They are the same price as above. The only thing that could be a problem is that the neck behind the ring is a little thin and could break if used too aggressively. I think there were only a few of them but if everyone that tries it likes it, I can see about finding a reliable source for everyone who is interested. In the meantime, I'll try to find one online so everyone can see what I'm talking about.
Mike in Ft. Walton Beach, FL

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.