Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
I'm Going to Summer Camp!

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>Well, I plunked down the $$ for a class this summer. After lots of thinking and "shopping" around, I stumbled on a class at Appalachian Center for Craft, about an hour outside Nashville, Tennessee. I honestly had not even heard of this place before. I did some asking around and got some great feedback from John Lucas and Betty Scarpino who have both taught there and highly recommended it. According to some, it doesn’t get the attention it deserves due to being in the shadow of Arrowmont. My choice was torn between a class at Arrowmont taught by Matthew Hill titled “Boxmaking: Craft and Design”. Matthew does some fantastic vessels and boxes and came to our local club this past fall.

www.matthewhillstudios.com

..But I decided on the class at Appalachian Center for Craft….and just in the nick of time. I got the last spot in the Graeme Priddle class!

http://www.woodturningcenter.org/ITE/Priddle.html

I am doing the Snoopy Dance in double time! The school sounds fantastic. It sits on a lake about 20 miles from the nearest town, class size limit of 7 compared to Arrowmont of 14. Double occupancy w/AC instead of the Red Barn dorm which is all I could afford at Arrowmont. 6 nights housing and meals…and its $145 less than Arrowmont. As much as I LOVE Arrowmont, I’m really excited to see how this school compares. First week in June! Doo-da! Doo-da!

Jen :)

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081