Well I knew this thing would be a problem. Ideally I should have done much more testing, used a different joint etc. However you do what you can with what you have. I got the joints as close as possible but knew that when I got to the 180 glue up it would be off. Sure enough. One side is 1/2" larger than the other. No problem. I allowed enough wood for that possibility because I've been there before. It will actually help when I fit the door.
The joint also doesn't close all the way and the angle is off about 3 degrees. I had planned for that also. I clamped the pieces together with a shim a little narrower than 3/32". Then I screwed on the end panels and added side panels to ride against the fence of my saw. Then I just sawed down through the 180 joint with my thin kerf blade.
The fit was nearly perfect so I glued one side with the paper joint and the other side with epoxy to give me enough time to work.
When it sets it will be time to turn it. I'm gluing a small disc in the small end. The larger end will have a disc also and will be screwed in using Pocket screws. I won't put screws in the door. I don't think it's going anywhere since it's been paper jointed.
I'm going to be taking a break for a few days to rest and do one more photo job for my former boss. When I left I knew they would not be able to replace me before Football Media day so I told him I would come back and work that. It's a job one photographer just can't do.