Hand Tools Archive

Subject:
PSA for Lie Nielsen Owners

David Weaver
If you have any LN planes that you're not so much attached to at this point, and they're a current version, nutty things are happening on ebay.

It's a good time to sell. I sold both of my LN bench planes, and they averaged 30% over market on a pure auction. The buyers completed the sale (paid) in both cases - one got the 62 that I flattened and has it in hand and is super pleased with how it works (I unicorned the edge, of course. Now it's a french unicorn).

The bidding is so frenzied that I received an email from someone bidding tonight mentioning concern about shill bidding on my auction (he wanted me to start canceling specific peoples' bids). I suggested to him that it's a bad time to buy and the euros are pushing the action, but the second plane sold to a US buyer.

I have no idea what's going on (if there's a big waiting list for LN). I don't have great success selling things on ebay (the pure auctions sell low on a regular basis), so it's not as if I have a knockout ID on there that has a big following.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081