Hand Tools Archive

Subject:
Re: Follow up comment on leaf vacuums in the shop

david weaver
the toro designs appear to be similar to the black and decker designs in terms of clearance and impeller.

I rarely buy tools that say worx on them because they appear gimmicky to me, and I like incremental improvement. But the refurb price on the one I got was too low to resist (and there's one of my beloved BV4000s for sale on ebay for more than a new one costs...). I got burned this time not buying something similar.

Point being, I'd expect yours should work well. The one I ordered today is like my old one, and I hope it will, too. Like yours, many of the updated B&D designs are similar to the old ones just with a metal impeller. It's probably technically better for most things.

Ditto on the noises. I never worried about breaking my device on hard items, but when they fail to go in the bag, they can almost give you a headache with the noise (I see on ebay, no matter what the impeller is, they're for sale as a part now, anyway).

Funny reading the reviews on all of them - there's always someone in the reviews who will run a device partially clogged and then complain that the friction around the impeller is "starting a fire".

Messages In This Thread

Follow up comment on leaf vacuums in the shop
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081