Hand Tools Archive
The power sequence amply demonstrates the distinction between magnification and resolution. It appears to me that the camera is capturing all of the detail that the optics can resolve by the second magnification setting (200x?). The two higher settings appear to mostly magnify blur, even in the plane of best focus.
I think this scope will do nicely for your previously stated purposes. It's not a SEM, but as you say you don't really need one for what you're trying to do.
Nice sharpening porn, BTW :-).
Messages In This Thread
- First Pictures off the Scope
- Re: more stones - pictures
- Re: Chisels - shorter summary of pictures
- Thanks for work and a dumb question.
- Re: First Pictures off the Scope