Messages Archive 2010

Subject:
question of how

Bill Tindall
Early on we knew the military experimented with this stuff and used it for wound closure in Vietnam. I did more prosaic stuff like gluing glass or rubber horse shoes to horse feet (both were failures) or devious stuff like gluing unsuspecting persons fingers around a coffee cup handle or what ever. The person that first made it glued his arm to a lab bench before it was known that it glued flesh.

I knew it was used for wounds but never knew how. I would think that it would sting like crazy if applied to a cut. So how is it applied/used to seal, bring together ??? cuts. The formulation used for medical is not the stuff in the hardware store, but its related.

I tried it for sealing tail stumps after lamb tail docking but failed to stem bleeding probably because I didn't know how to use it. Burned the crap out of wife's leg when I spilled some on it and it rapidly polymerized. Boggling amounts of heat are given off when it goes. Not a problem on a joint but don't ever get a bottle of it going or you will be leaving the shop.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081