Messages Archive 2010

Subject:
Re: Ingersol Rand compressor -Emerson Motor -long

Randy Johnson
>Voltage around here tends to run on the high side. I have never had any trouble when running any machine with the cyclone running anyway.

The run from the panel to the compressor is under twenty feet. Fitting #8 into the pressure switch would be tricky and I think fitting #6 into it would be impossible. After the pressure switch there would have to be a real load problem because the wire from the motor to the pressure switch is only #12. But that's plenty for 15 amps on a side.
If you Google IR 23220064 or IR 54421193 you will be able to read a number of threads on at least three forums about troubles with these particular motors.
Since it was too cold to do much else today I took a little roadtrip to Richmond,IN where I bought my compressor. Part of the trip was to look at what was available in motors in case I have to replace the one I have on my own. While at Tractor Supply I noted that none of the three 5HP IR compressors on the floor have one of the two motors that have caused all the trouble.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081