Messages Archive

Subject:
Skil skill, er, experience *PIC*

John K Jordan
>>>
"can't cut a 2 x 4 with a skill saw without binding."
That's funny. I can't either. Don't know why. I even bought a specific Porter Cable model for Left Handed people. I have both the right handed and left handed version and get can't either to work... :b

Zounds, that's almost beyond my understanding! Perhaps the difference is my introduction to the portable circular saw came way before I got a stationary saw. These days I prefer a thin-kerf carbide-toothed blade and the cordless Dewalt saw that came with one. The years of practice came in handy when I built my shop - I cut about 20 of these at the top of a 10' ladder:

By my skill saw skill pales in the presence of my friend the house builder. Stair stringers, rafters with birds-mouth, ripping long 45" angles, plywood and osb, 6x6 beams, much often propped up on scrap on the ground or on the edge of a stack of lumber, with shorter pieces held in one hand, saw in the other, often on a ladder or leaning over the edge of a roof. In his spare time he's built and remodeled buildings for me around the farm. I learned a lot more tricks of the trade working along side with him but gads, he is FAST!

JKJ

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081