Messages Archive

Subject:
Re: That looks like a nice saw.....

Jim DeLaney, Austintown, Ohio
It IS a nice saw. I got it during the recent 10% off sale that Powermatic had, and it came with the riser kit. I won't be installing the riser, since I also have a bigger saw (Laguna) for that type of work.

Assembly was straightforward, with no problems, other than wrestling (alone) with the weight.

Tracking the blade - I only use 1/8 ~1/4 inch blades on it - has posed no problems. As for tensioning, it's the same as for any other of the 14" saws, and hasn't been a problem. The saw came with the Carter Tension Release, although to be truthful, I leave the tension on all the time.

This saw replaced a 37 year old TaiChi version of essentially the same saw, but which needed all new bearings, new (better) guides, new tires, and a new motor, which was why I replaced it with the Powermatic. The only time I ever took the tension off the old saw was for blade changes, and it never caused problems. I figure that the new saw will outlast me, since (at 72) I won't las another 37 years like the old saw did. ;-)

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081