Messages Archive

Subject:
Re: *** SURVEY: THE IDES OF MARCH ***

Jesper, Denmark
Very relevant question for me. Moved into a condo with no shop facilities about 9 months ago. It was simply getting to be too much to maintain a big shop, house, garden, Yada, yada, yada.

The hard part was accepting that the old carcass was not getting better and the time of controlling the prostata cancer with relative benign medication was running out. So the strategy was to get to a situation, where the involuntary demands on me were reduced to a minimum. All the stationary machines were sold to deserving new owners, except for the lathe, which I donated to the local senior workshop, where both I and others can use it.

So, I do have shop acces within walking distance, also live close to a town centre with all the amenities within easy walking distance, no maintenance except keeping the apartment clean. The only fixed demands are getting up in the mornings and paying my taxes, leaving me to do whatever I want to for the rest of the time - such as spending the last dreary winters month here in sunny Spain.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081